ENJOY COTOCOCHA LODGE 3 DAYS FROM $ 205
buy prednisone for dogs online COTOCOCHA LODGE you can find out more Included
- ACCOMMODATION IN BUNGALOWS WITH PRIVATE BATHROOM, HOT WATER AND PRIVATE VERANDA WITH RECLINABLE CHAIR OR HAMMOCK
- WELCOME DRINK
- MEALS (FROM DINNER THE FIRST DAY TILL BREAKFAST THE LAST DAY)
- NATIVE GUIDE IN SPANISH
- USE OF FACILITIES; SWIMMING POOL, JACUZZI, LOUNGE AREA WITH FIRE PLACE AND AUTO/GUIDED WALK
COTOCOCHA LODGE Not included
- TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM COTOCOCHA LODGE
- EXTRA ACTIVITIES (PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK US FOR THE AVAILABLE OPTIONS)
- ADDITIONAL BEVERAGES
- ENGLISH SPEAKING GUIDE
- ENTRANCE FEES EXCURSIONS
COTOCOCHA LODGE Recommended packing list
- LONG CLOTHING
- SMALL BAG
- INSECT REPELLENT
- COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES AND SANDALS
- ZIP-LOCK BAGS TO KEEP CLOTHES/EQUIPMENT DRY
- SHORTS, T-SHIRTS, SWIM SUIT
- COTTON UNDERWEAR, SOCKS, TOWEL, FIRST AID KIT, WINDBREAKER OR SWEATER
- TOILETRIES(BIODEGRADABLE SHAMPOO & SOAP)
- SUN BLOCK
- WARM AND WATERPROOF CLOTHES
- PASSPORT COPY
- WATER BOTTLE
COTOCOCHA LODGE Available excursions
A short canoe ride from Cotococha Amazon Lodge (approx. 30 minutes) brings us to the Amazon village of Misahualli. This village is home to a small butterfly farm, owned and maintained by a local. An interesting explanation with real examples about the life cycle of the different butterflies will be given.
After this introduction we’ll enter the farm where hundreds of butterflies of various species fly around, filling the place with incredible colors.
On the riverbank of Misahualli, brown Capuchin monkeys are spotted frequently. Observing these playful and curious primates is another attraction of this village.
Experience life the Quichua way. We’ll visit a nearby community where we will share with them their daily activities. Quichua women are well known for their typical pottery skills and we will witness a demonstration and learn how to create household utensils. We will also witness the laborious process of making the typical Amazon Quichua’s drink “Chicha de Yuca” (grind Manioc drink). On the shore, they will demonstrate how to pan for Gold, the old fashion way, from the Napo River and also teach us their fishing techniques.
At this museum one of Cotococha’s guides will brief us on how they used to hunt for animals such as birds, rodents and mammals with hand-made traps. These ingenious traps were made with natural materials from the Amazon like plants, trees and mud.
RIVER TUBING & BALSA RAFTING
Cotococha Amazon Lodge offers three ways of floating down the Napo:
1. On individual tubes, for the more adventurous people.
2. A raft made of several connected tubes. More stable and you will not be alone, one of the native guides can join you on your adventure.
3. A Balsa raft, made of tree trunks of this lightweight tree. A native guide will guide you on this raft. After the normal dugout canoe, this is a nice and peaceful way of flowing downstream without the engine noise.
AMAZON JUNGLE TREKKING
Cotococha Amazon Lodge offers short and long Amazon jungle hikes at several ecological reserves and protected forests. We’ll walk through secondary and primary Amazon rainforest, accompanied by one of Cotococha’s native Quichua guides.
Cotococha’s guide will show us the abundance and biodiversity of flora. Cotococha’s guide will explain their practical use in everyday life as well as medicinal properties of several plants and trees in the Amazon rainforest.
Enjoy the recurring sounds of the rainforest at night while taking a spectacular jungle night walk. We will be able to watch a great variety of night insects. With luck we may see tarantulas or reptiles in our way.
We can take a motorized canoe ride from Cotococha Amazon Lodge down the Napo River to visit an Animal Rescue Centre in the Amazon: “AmazOOnico”. Amazing and bizarre Amazon rainforest inhabitants can be easily spotted here, such as tapirs, toucans, caimans, snakes, ocelots among others.
8 passengers minimum are required to offer you the Amazoonico Animal Rescue Center excursion.
KAYAKING & RAFTING
Great white-water rafting & kayaking up to level IV is a major attraction for the adventure seekers in this region of Ecuador’s Amazon. From single day trips up to four days are offered at Cotococha Amazon Lodge. These activities have extra costs.
Do not hesitate to contact us directly at the telephone number and email address below, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Visit us on our Facebook page